Andrew here again, this time with some clarifications for folks on the Gurren Lagann Ultimate Edition, as Amazon seems to still be inputting some of the detail. The correct link for the Ultimate Edition's pre-order is HERE.
So first off it will comprise of:
- A rigid artbox - think same style of material as Cowboy Bebop's was made of - but bigger.
- Nice Digipack inside - to hold all 6 discs. Artwork TBC.
- A hardback A5 artbook to fit inside the box - currently the page count was set at 50 - see below for more info though.
- Only 2,000 will be printed! You'll get an artcard inside certifying the number in the release you have got :).
What's on the discs though?
- Episodes 1 -27 of the TV series, with English dub and subtitles over 4 BD50s
- Movie 1: Childhood's End with English subtitles, as it was never dubbed in the USA sadly, BD25 or 50 TBC!
- Movie 2: The Lights in the Sky are Stars with English subtitles, as it was never dubbed in the USA sadly, BD25 or 50 TBC!
- Parallel Works - Complete, but will be split in half as everywhere else, half on Movie 1's BD, the other on Movie 2.
- Video extras - Whatever we can get our hands on, we're negotiating now but it turns out the reason a bunch of extras on the US import from Japan weren't translated was they are exclusive for the domestic release we gather. Meaning we may not be allowed to use them on our release.
Here's some answers to the common questions we've received so far too...
1.The Ultimate Edition is not identical to the Japanese import - a lot of the extras are now restricted there and the format would have cost a lot, lot more. This one will fit on your shelf size-wise and feature different designs on the cover and digipack. We'll post some sample pics of the type of packaging as soon as it comes in but think a solid box like old anime titles had - like the Bebop ones we used but bigger and you'd not be far off.
2. The Ultimate Edition is the one listed as June 2nd, we have no idea why both the Ultimate & Regular BD (due in October) are labeled the same just now but we're working on correcting that. Link for it is here: www.amazon.co.uk/Gurren-Lagann-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00HSHDGHW/
2. English dub + subs are there for TV series.
3. English subs for movies 1 & 2 as they were never dubbed.
4. It will be 6 x BDs at least, not 1 as listed.
5. Box art will differ to the Japanese edition imported by Aniplex of America as the artworks used there are exclusives for the Japanese print run. We're working hard to get something interesting though for you though and we'll post more about that in the near future :).
6. Contents are still flexible beyond that and we're clawing to get as much in as we can while still being able to pay the bills in the office*. We've heard a lot of people's requests re: the artbook and we're looking to see if we can double the page-count - depends on assets available and the costs associated.
7. The standard edition will only contain the four BD50s with the TV series in a standard Amaray package - there'll be a reversible cover but asides from that it'll look like any standard Manga UK release. This is why the price point is so much lower as you're literally getting the basic edition.
8. A standard version of the films / parallel works may get sold as a pack later down the line, but right now we've set no firm plans for it. So right now the Ultimate Edition is the only way but we'll see how things play out based on demand though!
Watch this space!
El Presidente, Anime Limited
* I'm reliably informed by my minions that electricity and heating are not optional extras as I had been lead to believe. Rather bothersome but I'll take them at their word on that one!
Yesterday we thew up a post about the upcoming title releases for Q1 2014, with some vague details. Today, I can bring you some actual dates, numbers and further information! Once again, this is going to be a bit of an information dump as there is loads to share with you all. So grab a cuppa, sit back, relax and take in the following.
10 February: Garden of Words - Blu Ray (SRP: £19.99)
10 February: Garden of Words - DVD (SRP: £17.99)
TBC 24 March: Tiger & Bunny - The Beginning Collectors Edition Combi pack (SRP £34.99)
24 March: Outlaw Star Complete Collection (SRP: £34.99)
28 April: Durarara!!! Limited Edition Blu-Ray Set (SRP £79.99)
28 April: Nerima Daikon Brothers - Complete Collection (£39.99)
26 May: Durarara!!! DVD Complete set (SRP: £49.99)
02 June: Gurren Lagann - Ultimate Edition (SRP: £149.99)
20 June: Cowboy Bebop - Complete BD Collection (SRP: £59.99)
Announcements coming soon~~~
20 October: Gurren Lagann Blu-Ray set (TV series only, SRP: £59.99)
20 October: Gurren Lagann DVD Collector’s Edition (SRP: £79.99)
24 November: Space Dandy - Collectors BD set (13 episodes, SRP £69.99)
24 November: Space Dandy - DVD edition (13 episodes, SRP £49.99)
All of the above should filter up on Amazon shortly.
- Tiger and Bunny: The Beginning was delayed as we got approval last minute to use their replica theatrical pamphlet (26 pages) but had to get it translated, designed and approved first! All that is done now so we’re just getting it ready for replication after a healthy QC, so if not February 24th, it will be out in early March worst-case depending on manufacture.
- Durarara has it’s DVD release a month later currently as we’re still sourcing assets, we shared the BD authoring with Siren but have to work out what assets are available for the DVD one. We have two options there just now so watch this space, best case scenario they end up out at the same time but we prefer to build some time in just to be safe!
- Gurren’s Ultimate Edition will be a limited quantity run with 50 page hardback artbook, all the extras we can get our hands on including the Nintendo DS OVA (that said, some of the Japanese edition’s are exclusive so we can’t touch them). This will be a one-print run job of maximum 2,000 units and the price-point reflects that.
- Gurren Regular BD set will be the TV series only in High-Definition with select extras that came with the original release in the UK and USA - the goal there is a £59.99 SRP product so it’s accessible to those who do not want all the bells and whistles. A Movie / Parallel Works combo pack is being evaluated as a standalone product too but of course depends on if it’s something fans would like.
- Gurren DVD collectors set will be in a rigid case and includes movies & parallel works BD set has and 4 limited edition art cards.
NOT YET SCHEDULED BUT FOR 2014:
Letter to Momo - Collectors Edition BD/DVD (SRP: £34.99)
Letter to Momo - DVD edition (SRP: £17.99)
Patema Inverted - Collectors Edition BD/DVD (SRP TBC)
Patema Inverted - DVD Edition (SRP: £17.99)
Escaflowne Ultimate Edition - format TBC
Escaflowne Regular Edition - format TBC
HAL - Format TBC
Samurai Flamenco - TBC
Note from El Presidente: These are unscheduled as we’re waiting on an element of some kind - be it audio tracks, bonus features or simply we know there will be complications to this set. To avoid sins of the past I elected to not give these dates so nobody freaks out about delays and gives us the time to do them justice. Watch this space on those!
We have a slew of new licenses coming up - by my count:
- 10 TV series, mix of new and classics.
- 7 films
These are all still on-going though so we hope to have details out over the next few months on these, but rest assured a chunk of them are for 2014 release as well. What teases we are!
- We’ve acquired a rather interesting property and have a Kickstarter that launches in a week or so once approval has cleared - which will run across the US and UK. It’s a title which fell through the cracks for everyone and we’re pretty excited but given the breadth of the territory especially, a Kickstarter makes sense as a rarity.
Happy New Year everyone and welcome back to regular life! We may be struggling a bit after the festive excesses but we're back and raring to go. 2014 is going to be a pretty big year for us - we've had our first birthday in December and are well into our second year as Anime Limited. It's been a helluva year, with a ton of fun and good stuff, some glitches and hiccups but all in all we've had a great time and we'd like to thank all of you for your support and patience while we ironed out the wrinkles.
So, 2014 eh? What ARE we up to in 2014? Well, I wouldn't like to spoil all the fun but I will update you on what's going on, what's coming up in the next couple of months and answer some of the questions you've been posting on our Facebook page. So here it goes!
Titles coming out in Q1 of 2014 (January - April)
Tiger and Bunny: The Beginning (movie)
Garden of Words
Nerima Daikon Brothers
Gurren Lagann Collector's Edition
Theatrical release of A Letter to Momo
The more eagle eyed of you will perhaps notice a missing title - 009 RE:CYBORG. Sadly, we have experienced a set back with the release of 009 RE:CYBORG due to a delay in the completion of the English dub of the film. We're still waiting on an updated delivery date for this and can't give you a firm date as of yet. We will, of course, keep you informed when we've got some dates locked down.
What is the deal with the Shinkai Twinpack (Place Promised/Voices)?
We announced last year that we would be releasing a Collector's Edition and regular edition twinpack of two of Makoto Shinkai's films, The Place Promised in Our Early Days and Voices of a Distant Star, which was due to come out in October 2013, but was rescheduled. At the moment, the release of the twinpack is being held up by some difficulties getting our hands on the English language assets for the films (Place Promised and Voices), the rights to which reside elsewhere and not with Sentai Filmworks. This is something we're currently working on and should have sorted soon - no firm dates yet, but as ever keep an eye out for announcements and posts updating you on this.
We're hoping to get something out in time for our planned upcoming release of a Collector's Edition of Makoto Shinkai's work to date which will include a couple titles which we hope to negotiate the inclusion of. The twinpack and the release of Garden of Words will be done separately as well for those not interested in the Shinkai Collection - so you'll have the option of getting these titles separately or overall as part of the Shinkai Collection. At the moment, Amazon UK has the twinpack listed for December 2014 - this is just a holding date until we get confirmation on when we can release it. There is no need to panic as this will be out way before December 2014!
What else have you got lined up for us?
We started the new year with the brand spankin' new show from the winning combo team of Bandai and Shinichiro Watanabe - the eagerly anticipated Space Dandy! This is currently being streamed online by our partners Wakanim.co.uk for the UK and ROI. The first episode went live on Sunday, January 6th at 3:30pm and has been getting pretty good reviews and support so far! It's definitely THE show to follow this season and you can follow it on Wakanim UK every Sunday afternoon. It is currently being simulcasted with both a sub and English dub version so feel free to choose your poison.
Of course, two of last year's popular shows Kill la Kill and Samurai Flamenco are still ongoing and available to view on Wakanim.co.uk. And what shows! Kill la Kill (in case you've been missing out) is one of the most bonkers and brilliant shows in recent memory! It continues to go from strength to strength and despite the totally insane surface, it has some incredibly well written and appreciated depths. Well worth investing your time and energy in keeping up.
Samurai Flamenco has been a surprise for me personally this season. It has developed really well over the season so far, in fact, it developed rather quickly and early on in the series. Really well written and with a surprisingly surprising premise (it makes sense if you think about it), Samurai Flamenco has been a bit of a sleeper hit this year and one that definitely should be included in your weekly watch schedule.
Events, Expos and Whatnot
We'll be at a host of events, expos and whatnots this year including MCM Expo in London in May, Glasgow in September (obviously - homecourt advantage!) and loads in between. We'll be publishing our full dance card when we've confirmed where we're going and what we're doing so you know where and how to reach us. Pop along to say hello, have a chat and maybe, just maybe, buy some of our delicious anime goods (we do not recommend eating blu-ray or DVDs - Edit).
Beyond Q1, we will have even more anime goodness coming your way. Like I said, 2014 is going to be super busy but we're excited! Are you?
Well the holiday season is now officially upon us - whether you're ready for it or not (I'm not! And increasingly panicking!). To kick off the season, we would like to do a little something to say Thank You to all of you who have supported us in this, our first year on the scene. So, we're planning a special treat for you all.. a little something called 'Anime Limited's 12 Days of Christmas!'
So... what IS Anime Limited's 12 Days of Christmas? I'm glad you asked! For 12 days, starting today, Monday December 9th we will be giving away wee goodies and gifts we've collected from Japan. Everyday, we will put up a question or riddle on our social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) and collect the correct answers. Now, in order to make it fair, we'll limit the timeframe that people can post an answer (don't worry - it won't be too short! Details in the bullet points below) and all correct answers will be entered into a lottery and selected at random. That way, everyone's got a shot - whether you happen to be online when the questions go up or not.
We've got 12 gifts and 12 days to give them away in - every day a riddle or question goes up, we'll post a picture of the gift.
We'll post pictures of the gifts up for grab along with the questions/riddles so you can have a gander at what you're getting.
Go forth and win stuff! Merry Christmas everyone from the Anime Limited Team!
Glasgow, UK December 5, 2013 - Anime Limited are thrilled to announce the acquisition of Shinichiro Watanabe’s latest series Space Dandy for the UK.
Space Dandy is the latest series directed by Shinichiro Watanabe (General Director) and Shingo Natsume (Director). Eagerly anticipated, the series will be simulcasted in the UK through Anime Limited in early 2014. Space Dandy will also be available for home video later on in the year.
About Space Dandy:
Space Dandy is a dandy in space! This dreamy adventurer with a to-die-for pompadour travels across the galaxy in search of aliens no one has ever laid eyes on. Each new species he discovers earns him a hefty reward, but this dandy has to be quick on his feet because it's first come – first served! Accompanied by his sidekicks, a rundown robot named QT and Meow the cat-looking space alien, Dandy bravely explores unknown worlds inhabited by a variety aliens. Join the best dressed alien hunter in all of space and time as he embarks on an adventure that ends at the edge of the universe!
Andrew Partridge, founder and president of Anime Limited says: ‘We are beyond thrilled at acquiring Watanabe-san’s latest series Space Dandy for the UK! For me, this is a series I’ve been looking forward to since it was announced so being able to bring it to the UK means a lot to me and the Anime Limited team. We’re huge fans of Watanabe-san and can’t wait to watch the show’.
Space Dandy will be streamed in the UK - with English sub and dub - in early 2014 via Wakanim.co.uk. Details on dates and the subs/dubs to follow.
[youtube height="HEIGHT" width="WIDTH"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvrgMnPogKc[/youtube]