A show that we know a lot of you have been excited for since we first announced we would be releasing it is Blood Blockade Battlefront, also known as Kekkai Sensen in Japan. We’re just a few days away from the release of our DVD and Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray set – out this Monday 24th October – and today is the day we can bring your a full unboxing of what to expect from our release!
Synopsis: Produced by Studio Bones (Fullmetal Alchemist, Space Dandy, Soul Eater) and created by Trigun writer Yasuhiro Nightow, Blood Blockade Battlefront brings compelling characters and dynamic plot lines together for one unforgettable adventure.
After a breach between Earth and the netherworld opens up over New York, humans and creatures from other dimensions become trapped in an impenetrable bubble that surrounds the city. Forced to coexist in a new city known as Hellsalem’s Lot, the shaky peace between humanity and the netherworld creatures is protected by an underground group of super humans known as Libra.
When a case of mistaken identity brings not-so-ordinary delivery boy Leonardo Watch face-to-face with this group, he joins their ranks hoping to help prevent the destruction of the world by a group of monsters and madmen lead by a powerful being known as the King of Despair.
Check out the trailer for it below. (You can change the video quality by clicking on the settings button.)
WHAT’S INSIDE? WHAT’S ON THE DISCS?
Our Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray release comes packed in a rigid case and inside that you’ll find a digipack to store the two Blu-ray discs. There’s also a 120-page art book that features character image boards, settings, and interviews with staff who worked on the series:
- Interview with original creator Yasuhiro Nightow and Character Designer Toshihiro Kawamoto
- Interview with Art Director Shinji Kimura
- Interview Creature Designer Koji Sugiura
- Taisei Iwasaki (who wrote the music for the series)
- Interview with Effects Animation Director Takashi Hashimoto.
translated from the original Japanese release.
On the discs themselves you will find:
- The Complete Series (12 episodes) + Episode 10.5: Even These Are the Worst and Best Days Ever, bringing that to 13 episodes total, in English and Japanese with English subtitles. [NOTE: Episode 10.5 can be found in the extras menu on disc 2.]
- Extras wise as well as episode 10.5 you get interviews with Aaron Dismuke & Ian Sinclair and Micha Solusode & Mike McFarland, Textless Opening and Closing title sequences, promotional videos & TV spots and Blu-ray/DVD promos.
WHAT DOES THE FINISHED PRODUCT LOOK LIKE?
And now for photos of the finished product! Check them out below and as a note you can click on the photos to enlarge them too.
And there you have it everyone! Blood Blockade Battlefront is out this Monday (24th October). We hope you’re looking forward to adding this to your collection!