TITLE: Digital Marketing Coordinator
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Employee (with three months of probation)
Based out of Glasgow, Anime Limited is a pioneer in distribution for anime, producing physical and digital releases across the world with some of the top brands in Japanese animation. Working with titles like Cowboy Bebop, Attack on Titan, NEON GENESIS EVANGELION, Mobile Suit Gundam, Tokyo Ghoul, Your Name, Weathering With You, Mirai, and JUJUTSU KAISEN.
Anime Limited is Europe’s favorite anime distributor, with celebrated theatrical releases from the Academy Award-nominated Mirai to fan-favourite Your Name, and critically-acclaimed and boutique home video releases of anime classics like Cowboy Bebop and Neon Genesis Evangelion that are the envy of the world. As we expand our efforts into new markets and new territories, we’ll need diligent and skilled marketing professionals to help reach new audiences.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will be the tip of our spear as a key executional player across all major marketing initiatives in English-language territories around the world, with bountiful opportunities for ownership, involvement, and decision-making on the company’s key efforts for the more ambitious. From social media to email marketing to contributing to SEO efforts, this role will be able to both dig deep into key areas of digital marketing while being able to develop practical skills on others.
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves anime, deeply understands the audience, and has the diligence and patience to methodically research and execute the best means of reaching the anime community with savvy marketing across all available channels. This candidate does not necessarily need all the skills in the digital marketing toolbox up-front, but will be endlessly curious and proactively seek the knowledge and talents they need to succeed.
This role will be based in our Glasgow office, but will be fully remote and not required in-office until early 2022.
MAIN SUPERVISOR: Marketing Manager
PRINCIPAL DUTIES WILL INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
- Social media management across all major platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, and Reddit for Anime Limited branded channels as well as associated social media pages.
- Email marketing: continuously increase our email list while optimizing and improving conversion rates and other key metrics.
- Campaign concepting, ideation, and execution for major marketing efforts, with a focus on theatrical releases.
- SEO optimization: utilize data from Google Analytics and Shopify to provide regular recommendations in improving the customer lifecycle, conversion rate, etc.
- Influencer marketing: support the marketing team’s influencer marketing strategy by identifying potential partnerships, recommending content types, and supporting collaborations.
- Paid media: contribute to increasing ROAS primarily through Facebook and Google’s advertising platforms.
- Regular data analysis related to marketing efforts, including routine reporting, ad-hoc research on the efficacy of various initiatives, semi-regular internal audits, case studies, and competitor analysis.
- Custom video ideation and development for social media, conventions, special featurettes, etc.
- General marketing support in any area of marketing not covered above, including but not limited to in-person events (when it is appropriate and safe to do so), administrative duties, and IP management.
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work legally in the United Kingdom.
- Ability to speak, read, and write effectively in English.
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with staff internally as well as both suppliers and customers externally.
- Meaningful understanding and appreciation of anime, the anime community, Japanese culture, and related subcultures.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to set, keep, and communicate deadlines with relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to perform basic manual labor (lifting of DVD boxes, operating trolleys and pallet lifters may be required).
- Understanding and basic proficiency in the following software packages:
- Mac OSX
- Adobe Photoshop
- Google Business Suite (Sheets, Slides, Documents, etc.)
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Video conversion software (i.e. Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, Handbrake, etc.)
- Social media management software (i.e. Hootsuite)
- Proficiency in either French and/or Japanese.
- Understanding and/or familiarity with Japanese business culture.
- Understanding and basic proficiency in the following tools:
- Google Analytics
- Google Keyword Planner
- Google Ads Manager
- Facebook Business Manager
- Facebook Ads Manager
- R and/or Stata
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a startup environment with an emphasis on teamwork.
MINIMUM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND EDUCATION
1-2 years of experience in a formal marketing, social media, copywriting, project management, or similar role; or equivalent demonstrable success. A bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or business from an accredited university is preferred but not required.
Demonstrated previous success in related areas to job description with quantifiable results.
Experience managing multiple demanding projects with different deadlines at the same time.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary depending on experience but expected to sit between £22,000 and £26,000 on start with pay review after one year. Role comes with pension contributions above the national requirement.
45 days holiday time given, inclusive of public holidays.
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this role.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Approximately 90% of time spent on the job involves use of a video display terminal; therefore, successful applicants must be able to sit for extended periods and to utilize standard ergonomics practices.
While the traditional primary place of work is in an office environment, currently Anime Limited is working from home until late 2021. A new hire would be expected to have a space in their current residence where they can work comfortably without interruption, and that follows standard health and safety checks such as a DSE workstation check.
When normal working practices resume, the employee will be expected to travel to the office as required. At that time, employees MUST be able to travel both domestically and internationally as needed. Employees will be given sufficient notice of travel in advance to plan ahead, should travel be required.
As part of a multi-media entertainment company with a focus on Japanese animation, employees may be subjected to work-related images including content such as: nudity, sexually explicit images, and graphic violence. Employees should be willing to work with this type of content.
Employees will be subject to private information on a day-to-day basis that should be treated strictly confidentially. As a result, the successful applicant will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement on acceptance of the job.
Anime Limited is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from people of colour, transgender people, those with caring responsibilities, disabilities, and other circumstances requiring flexibility and support in their working lives.
Please send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org including both your CV and a covering letter. We’ll let you know whether you’ve made the grade by April 30th. No agencies please.
DOWNLOADABLE JOB SPEC
Please see below for a downloadable PDF version of the text above.