JOB TYPE: Contract, fixed term of 12 months with potential for extension or conversion to permanent full time afterwards.
MAIN SUPERVISOR: Production Manager
Anime Limited has grown year on year, and we are now seeking a dedicated production assistant on a full-time basis with flexible working hours. This is a contract position, fixed term for 12 months, with the potential for extension or conversion to a permanent full-time position in Glasgow afterwards.
The Production Assistant will work with the Production Manager to co-ordinate the manufacture of our Blu-Ray, DVD and vinyl releases. From the moment its design is signed off and until it is ready for sale, you will be responsible for ensuring each product is made on time, to spec, and with all necessary approvals and certifications in place. You will typically manage 5-10 such projects at a time.
The right person for this role will be comfortable co-ordinating so many projects with complex moving parts under competing high-pressure deadlines. You will be a stickler for following processes, with exceptional attention to detail, time management and teamwork.
You will also have excellent communication skills, which you are comfortable using in emails, meetings, telephone calls and video conferences. Your role will involve collaboration on both UK and French release projects, so a proficiency in French is preferred.
You will report to the Production Manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES WILL INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Requesting pre-finished masters from Content Partners
- Preparing and sending authoring material to Authoring Houses
- Managing subtitle and translation of feature and bonus assets
- Managing BBFC submissions and logging results
- Managing disc uploads and verifying correct reference numbers are used
- QC of discs
- Checking and signing off on production samples for print
- Coordinating QC for final print and disc materials
- Manufacturing / replication:
- Creation of quote requests from printers for products
- Logging of production costs internally
- Preparation of the BOM and PO details for every product
- Managing print file preparation with designers & delivery to printers
- Answers and coordinating fixes during production between product managers and production facilities.
- Coordination of finished stock deliveries with Sales to ensure all partners get their products
- Coordination with production/sales teams to ensure the internal release schedule is up to date
- Managing the followings support administrative tasks:
- Product listings for retailers
- Processing wholesale orders from direct retailers
- Tracking stock levels
- Setup and sales work on stand*
- On site warehouse and stock management*
* Anime Limited currently is under Work From Home procedures which mean these tasks are not currently active.
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and adherence to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Works effectively in a small business environment with an emphasis on teamwork
- Ability to speak, read, & write effectively in English at business level or higher
- Ability to work remotely for the next year
- Ability to work legally in the United Kingdom
- Understanding and proficiency in the following software packages:
- Mac OSX
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Docs
- Google Sheets
- Google Slides
- Understand the basics of production work (PO’s, BOMs, the authoring process, video formats, basics of different packaging types etc)
- Ability to speak, read & write effectively in French at business level or higher
- Basic knowledge of / interest in Japanese culture
- Knowledge of anime, manga and videogames
MINIMUM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND EDUCATION
Experience managing multiple demanding projects with different deadlines at the same time.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary depending on experience but expected to sit between £18,000 and £21,000 on start with pay review after one year should the contract be extended or the role become permanent. Role comes with pension contributions at above the national requirement.
45 days holiday time given, inclusive of public holidays.
No supervisory responsibilities.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Approximately 90% of time spent on the job involves use of a video display terminal; therefore, successful applicant must be able to sit for extended periods and to utilize standard ergonomics practices.
While the traditional primary place of work is in an office environment, currently Anime Limited is working from home until late 2021. A new hire would be expected to have a space in their current residence where they can work comfortably without interruption, and that follows standard health and safety checks such as a DSE workstation check.
When normal working practices resume, employee will be expected to travel to the office as required. At that time, employees MUST be able to travel both domestically and internationally as needed. Employees will be given sufficient notice of travel in advance to plan ahead, should travel be required.
As part of a multi-media entertainment company with a focus on Japanese animation, employees may be subjected to work-related images including content such as: nudity, sexually explicit images, and graphic violence. Employees should be willing to work with this type of content.
Employees will be subject to private information on a day-to-day basis that should be treated strictly confidentially. As a result, the successful applicant will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement on acceptance of the job.
Anime Limited is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from people of colour, transgender people, those with caring responsibilities, disabilities, and other circumstances requiring flexibility and support in their working lives.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org including both your CV and a covering letter.
We will respond to let you know whether or not we will be progressing with your application by January 25th, 2021. No agencies please.
DOWNLOADABLE JOB SPEC
Please see below for a downloadable PDF version of the text above.