Andrew here - over the next few months as we build up to our releases both myself and our other employees* will be talking a lot more via this blog. First up it's a real pleasure to be able to engage with everyone directly - my name is Andrew Partridge and I'm the President of Anime Limited. This means that I'm responsible for:
- Acquisitions: The difficult part - deciding what to pick up and more importantly taking the hit if it fails.
- Business development: Finding shiny new opportunities and reeling them in from across the globe to give you the shiniest experiences possible.
- Theatrical: Tackling everything from working out where the prints are to securing screens and strong enough promotional budgets to support films.
- Events: Finding new opportunities to do cool stuff all the way along to conventions as people may be used to seeing me at.
- The Boring Stuff: Cashflows, admin and general hiring, firing and applying general beatings to minions**.
In general I get involved across the chain though so outreach and publicity too. When you're in a startup company that's generally the way of it though and my goal's to give you all a little bit of insight into what goes on in an anime company without boring anyone to tears!
Before this I used to work at Beez Entertainment before they shuttered their doors and I still do in fact consult for our good friends at Viz Media Europe too. Asides from that I also run an animation festival called Scotland Loves Anime - which is about to go into its fourth year of running.
For those particularly curious - outside of work I'm an avid gamer (currently working my way through Zone of the Enders in HD) and like nothing more than travelling a lot. Which is a good thing as you'll regularly get updates from me abroad on work! If you have a question or otherwise you can reach me at andrew A-T alltheanime DO-T com (replace the A-T and DO-T with symbols and remove spaces as required).
Looking forward to working with everyone***!
- Andrew Partridge
* Yes there's more than just me and an extensive range of figures from different shows here. There are in fact three of us total.
** We love all our employees equally, no beatings occur. Honest.
*** I am also impressed you followed these footnotes up to this point - next up we'll talk about our upcoming release formats and get some discussion going!
Hello everyone and welcome to a holding site for Anime Limited! We're in the process of putting together a lot more features and some final touches to our design elements but we wanted to make sure people had somewhere they could be kept up to date of what we were doing.
More importantly - half the fun of being a startup company is being able to show you a bit more of what we're up to. So not just press releases or pushing for sales but actually talk through the processes we have to go through here to bring you anime.
Here are few of the changes you can expect over the next few months to this site barring aesthetic ones:
- Theatrical listings for any films we are doing.
- Digital links - so places you can get our content plus friends content online officially.
- Pre-orders - we'll centralise pre-orders for new titles on the site too for folks.
In the meantime - we'll be getting some more blogs up of interest for folks too and will be updating you with new details of our releases shortly!