We’re currently hiring!
Founded in late 2012 and based out of Glasgow, Scotland and operating in the UK and France – Anime Limited brings a fresh approach to distributing the best in anime direct from Japan.
We’re passionate about building on existing ways as well as finding new ones for fans to watch Japanese animation. We’ve worked hard to ensure anime is placed in spaces it has rarely been before – such as the big screen (for films like Mirai, Your Name, A Silent Voice and Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale), television with channels like VICE UK and Sky Movies and digitally on services like Netflix, Amazon Prime and more.
Anime Limited also prides itself in releasing beautifully packaged collector’s editions and trying new ways to reach fans. We remain committed to offering a wide range of experiences for European audiences.
FRENCH SPEAKING FINANCE ASSISTANT
Anime Limited has grown consistently year on year and we are now seeking a dedicated French speaking finance assistant on a part time basis of 20 hours weekly with flexible working hours. French language skills must be at business level or higher.
Your role will be centralizing all our financial work across the UK and France for the CEO, following up with customers on payment queries and managing queries from international suppliers in both French and English about payment dates.
This post will be based in our Glasgow office. You will be reporting to the CEO on a daily basis to achieve the duties listed below.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES WILL INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Posting all invoices received in a timely, accurate manner
- Reconciling monthly supplier statements
- Dealing with any queries from suppliers in French and English
- Raising a supplier payment run weekly and submission of this to the Company Director for sign off
- Posting supplier payments in Xero
- Allocating receipts throughout the month
- Sending monthly statements to customers & following up any queries
- Reconciling customer receipts against statements and bank accounts
- Collecting debt by pre-empting delays, maintaining ongoing relationships with customer’s accounts departments and solving any issues quickly
Staff Personal Expenses
- Reviewing staff expenses monthly to check receipts, coding accuracy and adherence to expenses policies
- Raising payments list for sign off by Company Director
Staff Company Card Expenses
- Ensuring all receipts are submitted by staff within the allocated time frame and authorisation is received from line managers
- Reviewing and passing receipts from Expensify to Xero
- Reconciling commercial card accounts in Xero in time for month end
- Coordination with Bookkeeper to ensure reconciliation of all bank accounts throughout the month
- Ensure accuracy of Xero and that our cashflow in Float is up to date weekly with current expected payment dates
- Coordinate quarterly VAT return with bookkeeper
- Assist in preparation for the year end audit
- Maintain records of all administration information pertaining to the company’s operations eg. subscriptions, insurance, utilities contracts
JOB TYPE: Part-time, 20 hours a week with flexible working times.
MAIN SUPERVISOR: CEO
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Prior experience of a financial assistant role or similar
- Good grounding in book-keeping
- Familiarity with Xero or similar accounting software
- Familiarity with Float or similar cashflow software
- Ability to speak, read, & write effectively in English at business level or higher
- Ability to speak, read & write effectively in French at business level or higher
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to work legally in the United Kingdom
- Understanding and proficiency in the following software packages:
- Mac OSX
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Apps
- Ability to work effectively in a small business environment with an emphasis on teamwork
- Basic knowledge / interest in Japanese culture
- Knowledge of anime, manga and videogames
MINIMUM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND EDUCATION
At least 2-3 years experience in finance role preferred. Certification in AAT or similar level of certification also preferred but not required if suitable experience can be demonstrated.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary depending on experience and pro-rata to match hours. Role comes with pension contributions at above the national requirement.
26 days holiday time given, inclusive of public holidays.
No supervisory responsibilities.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Approximately 90% of time spent on the job involves use of a video display terminal; therefore, successful applicant must be able to sit for extended periods and to utilize standard ergonomics practices.
While the primary place of work is in an office environment, employees MUST be able to travel both domestically and internationally as needed. Employees will be given sufficient notice of travel in advance to plan ahead, should travel be required.
As part of a multi-media entertainment company with a focus on Japanese animation, employees may be subjected to work-related images including content such as: sexually explicit images, nudity, and graphic violence. Employees should be willing to work with this type of content. Anime Limited does not condone the viewing of this content where not work-related.
Employees will be subject to private information on a day-to-day basis that should be treated strictly and confidentially. As a result, the successful applicant will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement on acceptance of the job.
Anime Limited is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from those with caring responsibilities or other challenging circumstances requiring flexibility and support in their working lives.
Please send your CVs to email@example.com including both your CV and a covering letter. We will respond to let you know whether or not we will be progressing with your application by April 2nd 2019. No agencies please.