Durarara!! Blu-ray Collector’s Edition – Disc Replacement Programme details
March 4, 2015 · 11 comments
UPDATE – 16TH DECEMBER 2015: The replacement scheme will be ending on Thursday 31st March 2016. After that date no more applications will be accepted.
Today we are happy to announce a disc replacement programme for our Durarara!! Blu-ray Collector’s Edition set. Please take time to read all of the details below.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE REPLACEMENT DISCS?
Anyone in the UK & Ireland who has purchased our release of Durarara!! Complete Series Collector’s Edition (pictured below.)
NOTE: We have only released one version of Durarara!! to date – that being the Blu-ray collection pictured above – so if it was referred to as a Limited Edition set by some retailers, it is the same set.
HOW DO I TELL IF MY DISCS NEED REPLACING
As mentioned, to date we have only released one version of Durarara!!. So this programme is open to UK residents who have purchased that set. Though it is entirely up to you whether you want a replacement sent to you or not.
NOTE: Our upcoming Standard Edition Blu-ray and DVD releases will have the re-authored discs by default.
WHAT WERE THE PROBLEMS WITH THE ORIGINAL DISCS?
The issues that cropped up with the original discs primarily concerned the subtitles. If you were watching in Japanese with subtitles, at times there will have been timing issues and placement problems. If you were watching with the English dub, no sign/song subtitles would appear at all.
I WANT REPLACEMENT DISCS, HOW DO I REQUEST A SET?
(This section applies to UK & Ireland residents only.) There are two parts to this.
1) First of all you need to fill in a survey HERE where you will submit your UK mailing address for the replacement discs to be sent to.
2) Then you need to send an email (sent from the same address as the one you submitted on the survey) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Durarara Replacement Programme“. This email must include your name (as submitted on the survey) and proof of purchase and a photo of your numbered card that came with your set. (An amazon or other retailer confirmation will suffice if you can’t find it.)
UPDATE: If you don’t have a proof or purchase, please include a photo of the numbered card that came with the set that will act as your proof of purchase. The card looks like this (below.) [Please note for the purposes of this photo we blacked out the number.]
NOTE: If you live outside the UK & Ireland, please see the F.A.Q. section below.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW / F.A.Q.
- At time of writing (4th March) we don’t have a time frame on when replacement discs will be available to send out. (But we wanted to get the ball rolling early with this.) If all goes well we’re hopeful that replacement discs will be available for shipping by end of May 2015.
- We (Anime Limited) will be handling this replacement programme directly, so it will be us sending the discs from our office once they are available.
- Once discs are available they will be sent via Royal Mail.
- We know we’ve highlighted UK mailing addresses, if you live in Republic Of Ireland that’s absolutely fine. Please follow the guidelines in the survey.
- One set of discs per person only.
- If you are intending to purchase our upcoming Standard Edition Blu-ray and DVD set, they will come with these new re-authored discs by default.
- IF YOU LIVE OUTSDE OF THE UK/IRELAND and purchased our release:
If you want to request a set of replacement discs please fill in the survey (HERE) and then email email@example.com with the subject “Durarara replacement discs request – INTERNATIONAL” including your full name, the country you reside in, postal address, a contact telephone number (including the international dialling code) and proof or purchase. Discs will be sent by airmail only. One set of discs per person only. [However please be aware that while we will do our best to accommodate international requests of a replacement set of discs, as you are outside of our licensed territory it may take us longer to do so. International requests will be fulfilled on a first come first served basis.]