It wasn’t that long ago that we announced details of our (now out of print) Ltd. Collector’s Edition Blu-ray release of Re:ZERO Part 2, but given that it’s now out of print we’re here today to formerly announce details regarding our standard edition Blu-ray releases of Re:ZERO Part 1 and Part 2!
The first thing you’ll want to know is, of course, when are they being released? A simple question brings you a simple answer: 19th August 2019. Yes, you read that correctly. Both parts will be getting released on the same day. It’s not something we’ve done before, releasing two parts of a series (be in Collector’s or Standard edition form) on the same day, but given the popularity of the series and the number of people we’ve been hearing from both online and through direct correspondence via our AllTheAnime online shop, this seemed like a logical game plan to us.
So, mark that date in your calendars as they’ll both be arriving on 19th August 2019. Each will have an SRP (suggested retail price) of £39.99, but as is par for the course you ultimately won’t pay that much for them, meaning they’ll be cheaper than that.
Both Parts will come packaged in an Amaray case, and inside that are two Blu-ray discs. Here’s how it breaks down of what will be included on-disc for each part:
Part 1: Episodes 1-12 with English and original Japanese with English subtitle viewing options. On-disc extras consist of: Re:ZERO ~Starting Break Time From Zero~ shorts (12 episodes), Clean Opening title sequence “Redo” and Closing Title Sequence “STYX HELIX”.
Part 2: Episodes 13-25 with English and original Japanese with English subtitle viewing options. On-disc extras are: Re:PETIT ~ Re: Starting Life in Another World from PETIT~ shorts (14 episodes), Textless Opening Title Sequence “Paradise-Paradoxum”, Textless Closing Title Sequence “Stay Alive”
Re:ZERO Part 1 Blu-ray Collector’s Edition Replacement Disc Programme Details
When we announced details of the Part 2 Collector’s Edition set, we also touched on the fact we would be running a replacement scheme for anyone who purchased the Part 1 Collector’s Edition Blu-ray set, and today we are announcing the details of how this will work. We’ve tried to cover as many bases and likely questions as possible below, so please take time to read the below information thoroughly –
First things first, does the new standard edition of Part 1 (being released on 19th August 2019) include the new disc master?
Yes. So if you’re planning to buy the standard edition of Part 1, you don’t need to worry about any of the below information whatsoever as you’ll be receiving the latest version of the discs available.
Why is there a replacement scheme even happening? What was wrong with the original discs?
The short way to phrase it is that the picture quality for some of our customers was not up to the standard they expected. We always strive do the best we can for our customers no matter the circumstance, so we decided to investigate accordingly and ultimately, now an updated master with improved video quality is available to us, we are able offer this replacement programme.
It should be noted that we have also heard from a number of people who were aware there was talk of some people not being happy with the discs, but they personally see the issues themselves, so this is very much a subjective opinion as to its severity, for lack of a better word.
Do the new discs rectify that?
Following initial reports of issues with video quality across various English-language releases of Re:ZERO Part 1 (as the issue in question wasn’t unique to our release), an investigation was carried out, and eventually new materials were provided and an updated master was authored to address the reported issue. These replacement discs use this updated master, and offer sufficiently improved video quality for us to see fit to replace discs in the manner outlined below. In short, this is the best quality you’ll be able to find on an English-language release, using the same, final, video materials as Funimation’s updated author of Part 1.
Who is eligible to get replacement discs?
Anyone who purchased our Re:ZERO Part 1 Blu-ray Collector’s Edition release.
How will the replacement scheme work? How can I apply for replacement discs?
For this replacement programme, anyone wanting replacement discs will need to send the discs from the Part 1 Collector’s Edition set back to us. However before you do this you need to do the following:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Re:ZERO Part 1 Replacement Discs”. In that email please include: 1. Your full name; 2. your current full shipping address.
- We will then respond to you as soon as possible to 1) Confirm that we have received your email and that your replacement request has been logged, and 2) to provide you with instructions on where you need to send the discs to in order to then receive the replacement discs (once available)
- In terms of a time frame for replacements being shipped, this is likely to occur beginning in mid to late August 2019. We’re not putting an exact date on this as it’s ultimately going to depend on when we receive the discs.
FAQ about this replacement programme
- Any discs being sent to us for replacements must be done at the cost of the customer – any postage costs incurred for the return of your original discs will not be covered or reimbursed by Anime Limited. This is not negotiable.
- We must receive the original discs back in order for replacements to be provided, with no exceptions. (As a note though, you don’t need to wrap them in kevlar or send them by special delivery or similar. As long as they get back to us, that’s all that matters)
- All replacement discs will be sent by standard first class post only.
- If you’ve purchased multiple copies of our Re:Zero Part 1 Collector’s Edition set – we know there are some of you out there – we will replace each set of discs you send to be replaced.
- If you live outside the UK/Ireland, but purchased our Part 1 Collector’s Edition set and want a set of replacement discs, this replacement programme is open to you as well. Please follow the same instructions as noted above. Once we’ve received your discs, the replacements will be sent by standard air mail only.
Finally, a call for a little common sense and understanding with regard to this whole process: We’re expecting to have a large number of people requesting replacement discs and we’ll do our best to get back to everyone as quickly as possible who enquires about them, but please do allow at least a few working days for us to respond – we’re only a small team of people.
If you’ve got any questions on anything mentioned above, feel free to send an email to email@example.com and we’ll do our best to answer.
IF YOU’VE BEEN WAITING TO PURCHASE OUR PART 1 COLLECTOR’S EDITION…
We know that due to the video issue we outlined, some of your have been holding fire and waiting to purchase your copy of our Re:ZERO Part 1 Collector’s Edition until you had full confirmation that replacement discs would be issued. If you’re amongst those people, then for a limited time we’re dropping the price of this set to its original Early Bird price of £34.99 – stock is beginning to run low on this limited edition product, so this is a great time to pick up your copy!
This offer runs until Thursday 25th of July. Please note that you’ll still have to apply for our replacement scheme if you order this Collector’s Edition now, but you can rest assured that updated discs will be available in short order.
Jeremy and Andy