Ever since we screened the film in cinemas around UK & Ireland earlier this year A LOT of you have been eagerly anticipating our home video release of A Silent Voice. A few weeks ago we revealed what to expect from our release on 30th October along with some previews of the English dub cast. Today we’re delighted to bring you a full unboxing of our Ltd Collector’s Edition Blu-ray+DVD set! Have a read on below for all the info and photos of the finished product!
DETAILS ON HOME VIDEO RELEASE
In case you missed it, you can read the post we published detailing what to expect from our home video release (incl. an FAQ about it) as well as the full English cast list in the link below
Watch the English cast preview clips we’ve published on our YouTube channel over the past few weeks below –
WHERE CAN I ORDER THIS?
You can order A Silent Voice from UK retailers including these –
As detailed in the previous blog post (linked in above section) there’s also an AllTheAnime.com exclusive bundle that will come to two A3 posters. Click on the link to AllTheAnime.com listings above for details.
We also want to make it known that the first chance to get your hands on the finished product will tomorrow (Tuesday 17th October) at English dub World Premiere screening of A Silent Voice at the Edinburgh FIlmhouse as part of the Scotland Loves Anime film festival. (More details on the festival HERE)
There will be limited quantities of the Ltd Collector’s Edition version only on sale in the Filmhouse shop in the foyer (while stock lasts) throughout the week.
WHAT’S INSIDE? WHAT’S ON THE DISCS?
This will come packed in a rigid case with a digipack to hold the Blu-ray and DVD discs. Also included is 76 page book that includes –
- An introduction about A Silent Voice
- Character profiles
- Plus we have articles included analysing A Silent Voice written by Andrew Osmond (author of 100 Japanese Animated Feature Films) and Jonathan Clements (author of Anime: A History)
WHAT’S ON THE DISCS?
The contents on the discs themselves are all identical. So no matter which version you purchase you it will include the following –
- The main feature “A Silent Voice” in both English and Japanese with English subtitles
- Audio: English 5.1, English Stereo, Japanese 5.1, Japanese Stereo
- Subtitles: Dialogue+Signs & Songs (this is the subtitle setting to accompany the Japanese audio), Song & Signs only, Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- On-disc extras are as follows
- Music Video: “Koi wo Shita no wa” by AKIO
- Music Video: “Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice)” by Speed of Youth
- Trailer and TV Spots
- UK TV Spot (NOTE: this is a shorter version of our theatrical trailer)
- Real-Life Locations
- Interview with Director Naoko Yamada
- Interview with Character Designer Futoshi Nishiya
- Interview with Art Director Mutsuo Shinohara
- Interview with Music Composer Kensuke Ushio
WHAT DOES THE FINISHED PRODUCT LOOK LIKE?
And now for photos of the finished product. You can click to enlarge them too!
Worth noting that a special printing material has been used on certain elements so it reflects beautifully in the light. We’ve done our best to show this off in the pictures, but please also refer to the animated images after this gallery for reference
Remember how we mentioned it was difficult to show off the reflective printing on the rigid case?
Hopefully these will help a bit 🙂
And that concludes this unboxing of A Silent Voice Ltd Collector’s Edition. We hope you’re looking forward to adding this to your collection.