Product Manager (French-speaking)
TITLE: Product Manager (French-speaking)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Employee (with six months of probation)
PLACE OF WORK: Glasgow, UK with flexible working (currently we are full time remote)
MAIN SUPERVISORS: Senior Manager, French office & Production Manager
Based out of Glasgow, Anime Limited is a pioneer in distribution for anime, producing physical and digital releases across the world with some of the top brands in Japanese animation. Working with titles like BELLE, Cowboy Bebop, Attack on Titan, NEON GENESIS EVANGELION, Mobile Suit Gundam, Tokyo Ghoul, Your Name, Weathering With You, Mirai, and JUJUTSU KAISEN.
Anime Limited is Europe’s favorite anime distributor, with celebrated theatrical releases from the Academy Award-nominated Mirai to fan-favourite Your Name, and critically-acclaimed and boutique home video releases of anime classics like Attack on Titan and Neon Genesis Evangelion that are the envy of the world.
As we increase our volume of products we are looking for a full time Product Manager to take on creating products from inception to delivery for the French market.
You will be at the wheel from initial product inception & build all the way through to delivery of product to where it needs to go for our ever-growing portfolio of French titles. This will mean working both internally with the French and UK teams and externally with packaging manufacturers, dubbing studios, subtitling teams and authoring houses to deliver the best possible product withing COGS.
Our ideal candidate is someone who speaks French to business fluent at least that is ideally familiar with the production process in a comparable role regardless of industry and loves collector’s products. You will ideally have the knowledge, diligence and focus to methodical generate the best possible product.
This candidate needs to have an understanding of COGS and what goes into making a homevideo product already or an extremely solid grasp of the general processes and a willingness to learn quickly.
This role will be based in our Glasgow office, but will be fully remote and currently there are no plans for a full-time return to work.
MAIN SUPERVISORS: Senior Manager, French office & Production Manager
OBJECTIVES OF THIS ROLE
- Manage production for French releases in the company – end-to-end including but not limited to briefing designers, coordinating video delivery & flowcharts with authoring houses, product builds and managing COGs, delivery of product to the warehouse.
- Coordinate with other product managers to ensure that co-productions are effectively managed and act as a bridge between UK & French production for coordination.
- Coordinate the dubbing process as required with French studios, including collecting quotes, managing timelines for delivery and ensuring materials are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Provide guidance and feedback to help improve the production workflow overall.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES WILL INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
- Oversee day-to-day operations of production for the French side of the business, coordinating projects with other project managers and managing assigned projects on an end-to-end basis with colleagues across the production chain.
- Cultivate and manage a relationship with our vendors in authoring and dubbing as part of the production process.
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time, making use of department heads to ensure the projects come to fruition.
- Manage dubbing projects for series to ensure that they are delivered on-time and on-cost for production purposes across homevideo and other business areas.
- Manage the COGS for each product in France to ensure the best possible product is delivered within the established parameters for production.
- Work with colleagues in production to ensure co-productions with other territories are managed in a timely manner and that French studio needs are met.
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to speak, read & write effectively in French at business level or higher
- Ability to speak, read, & write effectively in English at business level or higher
- Effective communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Previous product management experience is a must.
- Proven experience of project management.
- Proven understanding of the COGS and ability to manage them.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to work legally in the United Kingdom
- Ability to work effectively in a small business environment with an emphasis on teamwork
Understanding and proficiency in the following software packages:
- Mac OSX
- Microsoft Excel
- Basecamp or similar project management software
- Google Apps / Dropbox
- Proficency in Japanese
- Understanding of Japanese animation / home entertainment space
- Understanding and/or familiarity with Japanese business culture
- Understanding and basic proficiency in the following tools:
- Aegissub or other subtitling software
- Adobe Premiere / Final Cut
- Adobe Media Encoder
- Ability to work effectively in a startup environment with an emphasis on teamwork
MINIMUM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND EDUCATION
1-4 years of experience in a formal production, project management, or similar role; or equivalent demonstrable success.
Demonstrated previous success in related areas to job description with quantifiable results.
Experience managing multiple demanding projects with different deadlines at the same time.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary depending on experience, expected to be between £25,000 & £32,000
8% pension contribution from Anime Ltd
45 days holiday time given, inclusive of public holidays.
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this role.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Approximately 90% of time spent on the job involves use of a video display terminal; therefore, successful applicants must be able to sit for extended periods and to utilize standard ergonomics practices.
While the traditional primary place of work is in an office environment, currently Anime Limited is working from home until late 2022. A new hire would be expected to have a space in their current residence where they can work comfortably without interruption, and that follows standard health and safety checks such as a DSE workstation check.
When normal working practices resume, the employee will be expected to travel to the office as required. At that time, employees MUST be able to travel both domestically and internationally as needed. Employees will be given sufficient notice of travel in advance to plan ahead, should travel be required.
As part of a multi-media entertainment company with a focus on Japanese animation, employees may be subjected to work-related images including content such as: nudity, sexually explicit images, and graphic violence. Employees should be willing to work with this type of content.
Employees will be subject to private information on a day-to-day basis that should be treated strictly confidentially. As a result, the successful applicant will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement on acceptance of the job.
Anime Limited is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from people of colour, transgender people, those with caring responsibilities, disabilities, and other circumstances requiring flexibility and support in their working lives.
Please send your CVs to email@example.com including both your CV and a covering letter.
Application process will be as follows:
- Submit your CV and Covering Letter, please note applications sent without a covering letter or comparable introduction method will not be considered. This must be done no later than Sunday May 22nd, 2022.
- If you pass the first phase of selection, we will conduct a short 15-20 minute interview in French and English with our Senior Manager for the French office and our Production Manager the week of May 23rd.
- From there, the final candidates will have a panel interview with relevant team members in the UK & French team to get a better understanding of them.
- Successful applicant will be notified by latest of June 3rd, unsuccessful applicants will be informed by June 3rd latest.
DOWNLOADABLE JOB SPEC
Please see below for a downloadable PDF version of the text above.