It's also up to watch on Netflix right now, with more platform announcements to come perhaps ;)...
What episodes does it have?
– Complete series, Episodes 1-10
- OVA Episode 11 (Not available on Netflix etc)
Extras on the discs?
– Art gallery
– Dub outtakes
– Clean opening
– Clean ending
Audio on disc:
– English dub – 2.0 track
– Japanese audio – 2.0 track
– English subtitles
- Collector's Edition Blu-Ray (January 2015) SRP £49.99: Amazon.co.uk (£36.00) | Anime Ltd Store coming soon | Anime-On-Line (£37.99)
- Regular edition DVD (January 2015) SRP £39.99: Amazon.co.uk (£28.75) | Anime Ltd Store coming soon | Anime-On-Line (£29.99)
WHAT DOES THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION BD HAVE THAT THE DVD VERSION DOESN'T?
- Collector's packaging (think Cowboy Bebop sized box)
- 96 page booklet with a range of interviews, artworks and more!
Well if you're curious about Blood Lad - check it out on Netflix first to work it out :)! The Blu-Ray version first out is the Collector's one - it's got a 96 page book mirroring the US one and contains the translated manga segments from the Japanese homevideo release, interviews, artworks from the original artist and more! Here's a few snaps to whet your appetite:
This time, cost-wise it made sense for a straight to standard edition DVD version too - we've included reversible covers and all the same video content across three DVDs for folks there!
It's slid from October to January pretty simply because approvals are complex so things had to be shuffled round. By the time everything was ready printers were in peak season alas so that's the soonest we could really move on it.
Hope folks enjoy the show and grab a copy when it's out in January!
President, Anime Limited
We're very happy to be able to showcase the Giovanni's Island Ultimate Edition and we have some pretty awesome news on it as well as the 3D exploded shot of it! Read below for more...
- Collector’s Packaging, 18.1 x 21cm
- 96 paged softback book delving deeper into the world of Giovanni’s Island – including the historical background, production and art.
- 55 minutes of extra features including a comprehensive Making Of (38 mins), Digital Art Gallery, Interview with the Russian voice of Tanya & a Troika music clip which was unused in the film!
- Limited to 1000 copies only in the world – so it’s a rare chance to own the best possible edition of Giovanni’s Island on the market. Art card inside certifying the number the release is in the series.
- Dubbed and subtitled versions of the film on both Blu-Ray and DVD.
- New printers so no risk of issue ala Gurren Lagann.
- Up from 76 pages as advertised previously to 96 as we got hold of even more content - including some extra content not released outside of Japan just now! As it's a full sized book (18.1 x 21cm) too you'll get more content per page than any other release in the world too!
Take a peek! We'll have a bellyband around the box, with all the details removable to make a nice clean box :):
Right now all good retailers! Amazon has it for £39.50 right now and you can use the button below to link you to it. There's also standard edition DVD and Blu-Ray versions available for pre-order too.
Again well worth a watch folks - and with the material we've sourced for this one, it's well worth buying on home video!
El Presidente, Anime Limited
[UPDATE: Please note as of February 2015 we are no longer accepting submissions for replacement digipacks.]
True to our word, 11 days after release and the discovery that the printers messed up the Digipacks for a chunk of the Gurren Laganns - we're now ready to replace anyone impacted! We've all the juicy details below on how to do it and a note on how to tell if yours is impacted!
This should be self explanatory but it's best to be safe! All four trays should be in the same position in the centre of the digipack pages. If by chance your third (or any other disc tray) is not - then the printers had not let it glue long enough and you qualify for a replacement!
Basically if it looks like this:
1. Mail kerry@ alltheanime.com (minus the space) with a quick shot of the digipack (don't worry if glued back already and concerned, we'll understand). If possible too send a proof of purchase - just an Amazon order confirmation or such - don't worry if you can't find your receipt!
2. Fill in the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8NMCZ5F
3. Wait: First shipment will be 2 weeks from today then every two weeks until end of year, afterwards we'll keep processing on a month by month basis as we'd expect most of those impacted to be covered by the end of the year here.
You'll get a confirmation as soon as the digipack is sent out so fear not!
Hope this helps folks - as it sure annoyed us that it happened to begin with. So again on behalf of the printers we can only apologise profusely to folks and make this right as quickly as possible :).
The more things stay the same! We've had to push the release date back for Kill la Kill on Blu-Ray to December 1st again (1 week before it was originally scheduled to be). This is because an eagle-eyed forum-goer who picked up a copy at MCM Expo spotted a 0.4 second desynchronisation on the dub track on Episode 4 of our Blu-Ray print (DVD isn't impacted, so will remain on date).
On further inspection it looks like there was an issue on our end with it so we've gone and done the only thing we think is right - quarantine all stock before it goes out to retail and replace Disc 1 with a corrected CMF so folks looking for the dub get a fix without need for a replacement scheme.
Basically it means all retail stock will be fixed now at our own expense (which believe me, is not cheap). Hopefully it reaffirms to fans our commitment to get good product to you though!
El Presidente, Anime Limited
Glasgow, UK 26 Ocotober, 2014 - Anime Limited, the Glasgow-based anime licensing company and parent company of All the Anime, are pleased to announce the release of the classic Takahiro Omori series Baccano! on blu-ray for the UK.
Hot off the "Roaring Twenties" and headfirst into the uncertain volatility of the "Dirty Thirties," criminal syndicates stormed into power by bootlegging alcohol during the Prohibition Era - but the most notorious "liquor" of all time is about to set off a violent chain reaction within the mafia underworld!
Each story involves several unrelated plots intersecting and crossing each other as events spiral further and further out of control. Immortal alchemists, mafia-operated speakeasies, and many other elements of pulp fiction are mashed together for a world straight out of the movies.
Anime Limited will release the complete series on blu-ray only. The plan is to release this classic as an Ultimate Edition depending on on what materials are made available. Details on the release and dates are yet to be confirmed.
President of Anime Limited, Andrew Partridge says: "I'm beyond ecstatic to release Baccano! on blu-ray! I've been trying to release this since it first came out when I was at Beez but, alas, lost out to Funimation. I am super psyched to be releasing this and will push for as much as I can get to make an Ultimate Edition. Watch this space!"