A few days later than normal but for very good reasons as this edition of the Newswire is a packed one. Please read on below for all the updates.
~ To kick things off, Sword Art Online II: Part 1. Late Tuesday evening Amazon UK sent word to customers who have pre-ordered through them that our release had been delayed by a few weeks to 31st August. This date change is accurate and the reason for this is because there was concern from our production house about making sure all the components were produced properly in time for our original date. With this in mind the decision was made to shift the date by a couple of week to allow the time needed.
We’re happy to report actual designs have been signed off and this is what you can expect when it’s released on 31st August.
~ In other date shifting news, due to a delay in approvals that have impacted the date our Space Dandy Season 2 Collector’s Edition release has been also been pushed back by a few weeks to Monday 24th August. (Online retailers will be updating their listings accordingly shortly.)
However now that all has been approved we wanted to share with you the final visuals for our upcoming Collector’s Edition Blu-ray and Collector’s Edition DVD release.
As you can see both versions will come packed with a rigid case. As was done with Season 1 the discs (3 in the DVD version, 2 in the Blu-ray version) will be held in an amaray case. (The sleeve art for that amaray will be in the same line art style design as seen with Season 1.) In addition to this there is a 148 page art book and 20 art cards showcasing art in the original Japanese release. There will also be an o-card around the rigid case. This allowing the rigid case itself that features the design commissioned exclusively for our release (see images above) to be a clean box.
~ We also want to make note that the release date for the Space Dandy Complete DVD set will now also be available from 24th August. Our planned Standard Edition Blu-ray of Season 2 will follow at later date to be confirmed.
~ In case you missed the news last week Kimiko Ueno, scriptwriter of many episode of Space Dandy, has been announced as the Anime Guest Of Honour at MCM Manchester Comic Con next week! If you’re looking to attend the event you might want to think about getting tickets sooner rather than later as they are selling quickly! Get yours HERE.
MCM will be revealing the specific details relating to Ueno-san’s activity across the weekend soon, but we can confirm for those asking that there will be a signing session on each day of the event.
~ As announced last week Gundam The Origin II: Artesia’s Sorrow Blu-ray Collector’s Edition is available for pre-order at our web shop. Get the full details on our pre-order scheme for this HERE. We have had many people asking if we’re going to be selling the Gundam The Origin I set from earlier this year, unfortunately that was strictly a pre-order scheme in conjunction with Bandai Visual in Japan and we won’t be getting any more units of that. This will be the same case with Gundam The Origin II. So if you’re wanting to order it from you must pre-order it before the cutoff date at our web shop.
~ If you haven’t seen Gundam The Origin I don’t forget that it is available for on-demand streaming. You can details of that HERE.
~ We have a few more release date amendments we want to make you aware of:
- 009 Re:Cyborg Collector’s edition will now be released in August (exact date TBC). Approvals being the cause for the hold-up, which is why we’ve not been able to share visuals of the product with you yet. All going well we should be able to show you visuals soon.
- Psychic School Wars. we are still planning to release the film this year but (as is the case with Baccano) we have allocated a tentative placeholder date of 7th December. There have been a few hold-ups with the production of the English langauge dub, but we’re hoping to have a new date locked in soon.
- Some of you may have noticed the past few weeks in the release schedule section of the Newswire that we had labeled the date for Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya as TBC in September. Today we can confirm the date we’ve pinpointed is 28th September.
~ We know we’ve been a little bit quiet as to the status of where some of our other upcoming titles stand, so we thought now would be a good time to bring you up to speed about some of these. Though we will note that in the coming weeks we’re hoping to be able to share details of releases we have planned for the fourth quarter of the year in general. (You may notice a recurring theme below.)
- Full Metal Panic Ultimate Edition Blu-ray: we know a lot of you are very excited for this and in fairness we have been quiet about this for a while, but you’ll happy to hear that things are progressing nicely with what we’re wanting to achieve for this release. We’re still finalising details so we don’t want to jump the gun before everything is locked down in case something comes up but I can confirm the plan is for it to be released later this year and as we’ve mentioned before it will include all three seasons (Full Metal Panic, Fumoffu and The Second Raid.) We’re hoping to be able to start sharing details of what you can expect within the next few weeks.
- While not really update as such, we did want to make mention that we are still aiming for Samurai Flamenco to be released later this year.
- Nerima Daikon Brothers, remember that title? We do and hopefully we’ll some news on this soon!
- Gankutsuou: The Count Of Monte Cristo will be released before the end of the year. In fact we actually received the master tapes from Japan this week so we can start cracking on with that.
- Fusé: Memoirs Of A Huntress will be getting released later this year, likely in Q4. As we’ve mentioned before there is no English language dub for this film so it will be a Japanese with English subtitle only release. Expect more details on this soon.
- We are in the process of locking down our production dates for Durarara!! x2 and Aldnoah.Zero. As things stand we’re aiming for early 2016 but we should have more concrete information soon.
~ Unfortunately we weren’t able to record a podcast last week as we intended. (Things got very busy behind the scenes here at Anime Limited HQ – as you can probably guess given the fact we’re posting this Newswire on a Thursday.) With members of Team AL out and about from our HQ this week, they’re working on/planning some cool things we can’t tell you about just yet, all going well we’ll be able to record a new podcast next week once everyone’s back.
- The second episode of Aoharu x Machinegun (aka Ahoaru x Kikanjuu) is available to watch at Viewster.com HERE. You can also find the episode 1 in the same link.
- Episode 14 of The Heroic Legend of Arslan is also available to watch. You can find that episode at Viewster HERE. Don’t forget you can still watch the previous 13 episodes at at Viewster too.
- We’re hoping to have an update on when Castle Town Dandelion will be available to view sometime this week. As soon as there’s any update we’ll be sure to make it known.
The next wave of replacements will be getting sent next week. Please note if you have applied over the past week that the next round of confirmation messages will be sent towards the end of this week. If you haven’t received confirmation of your application by Tuesday 21st July, please email Jeremy@alltheanime.com
If you have yet to apply for replacement discs please follow all the guidelines HERE.
Here’s the list of upcoming events we’ll be attending in some capacity. More specific information will be posted closer to the events themselves.
MCM Manchester Comic Con, 25th-26th July
– Anime Limited Panel (date/time TBC)
– Anime Guest Of Honour, Kimiko Ueno panel. (date/time TBC)
– Anime Guest Of Honour, Kimiko Ueno signing sessions. (dates/times TBC)
NOM Con, 31st July-2nd August
KITACON, 31st July-2nd August
MCM Scotland Comic Con, 26th-27th September
Scotland Loves Anime – Glasgow, 9th-11th October
Scotland Loves Anime – Edinburgh, 12th-18th October
MCM London Comic Con, 23rd-25th October
MCM Birmingham Comic Con, 21st-22nd November
And so with the above information in mind here’s the most up-to-date version of our release schedule. (We will of course continue to update this in each and every Newswire accordingly.)
OUT NOW: Wings Of Honneamise (DVD, Collector’s Edition DVD+Blu-ray combi)
OUT NOW: Durarara!! Complete Series [Standard Edition] (Blu-ray, DVD)
OUT NOW: Kill la Kill Part 3 [Collector’s Edition] (DVD, Blu-ray)
OUT NOW: Tiger & Bunny – The Rising (Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD)
24th August: Space Dandy Season 2 [Collector’s Edition] (DVD, Blu-ray)
24th August: Space Dandy Complete Season 1 & 2 Set (DVD only)
31st August: Sword Art Online II: Part 1 (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray/DVD combi, DVD)
August (TBC): 009 Re:Cyborg Collector’s Edition (Blu-ray/DVD combi)*
28th September (TBC): Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, DVD)*
28th September: Fate/kaleid liner Prisima Illya (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, DVD)
Q4 Releases (coming soon)*
*Tentative date – not final.
And that concludes this bumper edition of the Newswire. If you have any questions on any of the above please feel post them in the comments below or via our social media channels. (Links below.)