Newswire #30 – 29th July 2015
July 29, 2015 · 1 comment
After a busy weekend at MCM Manchester Comic Con our weekly Newswire is back with the big 30th edition! Read on below for all our latest news and follow up information to what was announced over the weekend.
~ First of all we want to give a big thank you to everyone who came to visit our booth and/or attended our panel at MCM Manchester Comic Con last weekend. It was great event and it was wonderful speaking to so many passionate anime fans!
The next events we’ll be attending will actually be this coming weekend as Team Anime Limited is splitting in two, so to speak, as we’ll be at both Nom Con in Ireland and Kitacon in Birmingham. (More details on what you can expect from us at each event in the Upcoming Events section.)
~ In case you missed what we announced over the weekend, here’s a summary for you. (click on the links below to read more.)
- Ping Pong The Animation will be coming to Blu-ray and DVD.
- We’ve launched a partnership with Sunrise to release various Gundam series, starting with the original Mobile Suit Gundam on Blu-ray!
- We have acquired Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad and will be giving it a complete series release.
- We revealed our provisional Q4 2015 release lineup.
- We’ve licensed the series Blood Blockade Battlefront.
The response to our announcements has been wonderful to see and with that in mind we wanted to follow up with a some new details stemming from questions asked following the announcements.
- To reiterate our upcoming release of the original Mobile Suit Gundam will be available on Blu-ray only.
- It was brought to our attention that an upcoming U.S. release of the original Mobile Suit Gundam series is having episode 15 omitted from its release. We’re currently seeking confirmation as to whether this will be the same for our release.
- When it comes to other Gundam series we might be releasing in the future, at the moment we’re focusing on the original Mobile Suit Gundam but we are exploring what other series might be possible. (If there’s a particular series you would like us to try and release or that you have particular interest in do let us know – feedback such as that is invaluable.)
- To confirm, we only have the DVD rights for Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad. We are aware that there has been a Blu-ray release in Japan but that is currently not an option for us. (Whether that will change in the future or not is unknown at this time.) One of our primary goals when acquiring Beck was to (finally) give the UK a competed series release as the original UK release was never finished. (Only about half of the series was released.) We are going to be pricing this collection accordingly taking this into account. Expect more details soon.
- Our upcoming release of Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress, Samurai Flamenco and Gundam Reconguista in G are indeed all subtitle-only releases. (No English dubs have produced for those anime, hence why there is no dub available to include.)
- Gankutsuou: The Count Of Monte Cristo is currently a Blu-ray only release this year. This doesn’t mean we won’t be bringing out a DVD version in the future, but we’re focusing on the Blu-ray version for now.
- During our panel at MCM Manchester the topic of Full Metal Panic came up and Andrew (Partridge, President of Anime Limited) mentioned we were considering whether it would be an Ultimate Edition or if we might do a Collector’s Edition containing all three seasons instead. We’ve seen a lot of feedback to these comments with the majority being how many of you do want an Ultimate Edition if at all possible. After deliberations internally stemming from the feedback we have seen coupled with many other things we had to consider we are happy to confirm it will indeed be an Ultimate Edition release. We’ll be able to give specifics on what you expect soon, but we just wanted to get that detail out there.
~ We’re (finally, and I mean finally) going to be recording our latest podcast tomorrow (Thursday.) I know I’ve been saying this for a few weeks, but now that MCM Manchester and lots of cool things going on behind-the-scenes have been sorted, it’ll definitely be happening today. There’s going to be A LOT to discuss in this podcast. All going well you can expect it to surface by the weekend.
~ Though we are not involved in this anyway, we want to give a shoutout to our friends at Studio 4℃ and their Kickstarter for their project Red Ash The Animation –Magicicada–! They have a few days to go and it’s a concept we’re big fans of what they have planned.
The idea is that the world of Red Ash is being developed into both a game by and an anime, the anime specifically being produced byStudio 4℃, but both studios are making their own vision of the overall concept
For those unaware their theatrical works include Tekkonkinkreet, the Berserk “Golden Age Arc” Movie trilogy, and Genuis Party. They’ve also been involved in many co-produced titles including The Animatrix, the recent Thundercats reboot an Batman: Gotham Knight.
You can get all the details on the Kickstarter HERE.
~ Further to the news from last week, Sword Art Online II: Part 1 is now going being released on 7th September.
Looking at our simulcast lineup for this season as a whole it stands at:
The Heroic Legend Of Arslan (continuing from last season)
Aoharu x Machinegun (aka Aoharu x Kikanjuu)
Castle Town Dandelion
Blood Blockade Battlefront
Episode 16 of The Heroic Legend of Arslan is available to watch HERE.
Episode 4 of Aoharu x Machinegun is now live at Viewster. Watch it HERE. (Don’t forget the previous two episodes are also available.)
Episode 3 & 4 of Castle Town Dandelion are available to watch now. You can watch them HERE and HERE respectively.
Episode 4 of GANGSTA. is available to watch HERE.
Episodes 1-3 of Chaos Dragon are available now on Viewster HERE. Episode 4 should be available soon.
(Stemming from our announcements this weekend, we can now include the fact that) the first 11 episodes of Blood Blockade Battlefront are available to watch at Viewster HERE.
The next wave of replacements will be getting sent next week. Please note we have abit of backlog of replacement requests to work through stemming from the past couple of weeks. If you have applied for replacements and haven’t had confirmation by Thursday 6th August please email Jeremy@alltheanime.com
If you have yet to apply for replacement discs please follow all the guidelines HERE.
Here’s the list of upcoming events we’ll be attending in some capacity. More specific information will be posted closer to the events themselves.
NOM Con, 31st July-2nd August
– Stall all weekend.
KITACON, 31st July-2nd August
– Stall in the dealers room all weekend.
– Panel on Sat 1st August (time TBC)
MCM Scotland Comic Con, 26th-27th September
Scotland Loves Anime – Glasgow, 9th-11th October
Scotland Loves Anime – Edinburgh, 12th-18th October
MCM London Comic Con, 23rd-25th October
MCM Birmingham Comic Con, 21st-22nd November
And so with the above information in mind here’s the most up-to-date version of our release schedule. (We will of course continue to update this in each and every Newswire accordingly.)
OUT NOW: Wings Of Honneamise (DVD, Collector’s Edition DVD+Blu-ray combi)
OUT NOW: Durarara!! Complete Series [Standard Edition] (Blu-ray, DVD)
OUT NOW: Kill la Kill Part 3 [Collector’s Edition] (DVD, Blu-ray)
OUT NOW: Tiger & Bunny – The Rising (Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD)
24th August: Space Dandy Season 2 [Collector’s Edition] (DVD, Blu-ray)
24th August: Space Dandy Complete Season 1 & 2 Set (DVD only)
7th September: Sword Art Online II: Part 1 (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray/DVD combi, DVD)
28th September (TBC): Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, DVD)*
28th September: Fate/kaleid liner Prisima Illya (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, DVD)
Ping Pong The Animation (Blu-ray, DVD)
Sword Art Online II: Part 2 (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray+DVD combi, DVD)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Part 1 of 2 [tentative title] (Blu-ray)
Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad (DVD)
Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray+DVD combi)
Samurai Flamenco: Part 1 (Blu-ray **subtitle-only release**)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Part 2 of 2 [tentative title] (Blu-ray)
Gundam: Reconguista In G Part 1 (Blu-ray **subtitle-only release**)
Gankutsuou: The Count Of Monte Cristo (Blu-ray)
Sword Art Online II: Part 3 (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray+DVD combi, DVD)
A Letter To Momo (Blu-ray, DVD)
Full Metal Panic Ultimate Edition [Season 1 + Fumoffu + The Second Raid] (Blu-ray)
(TBC) 009 Re:Cyborg Collector’s Edition (Blu-ray/DVD combi)
We should be able to confirm specific dates soon. Also there is a possibility there might be a few additions to the lineup.
Follow Anime Limited on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | YouTube
July 31, 2015 8:27 pm
I would love to see Gundam AGE licensed and released. It's not even out in America so people have nothing to import lol. Opinions on this show would be best described as mixed among Gundam fans, you'd probably find an equal amount of people that like or dislike it. I'm mentioning as I read on animenewsnetwork that had a comment from your company saying that you welcome suggestions with regards to Gundam.